Yoga Workshop this Saturday

Power Yoga Workshop

When: Saturday, May 21st

Time: 11am - 1pm

Where: 3200 Longmire in College Station

Who: Individuals looking for increased flexibility, endurance, clear mind and sculpted body

The following ailments will be addressed: backaches, shoulder pain, neck pain, stiff joints, limited range of motion and more.

How much: $35

Click Here to sign up or email me to reserve your spot (limited to the first 20 sign ups)


Thursday, March 24, 2011

The calm before the storm....

Today is the day before "Day 1" of the cleanse, you should all be going to the grocery store and getting mentally prepared for the next 10 days. This does not mean go to your favorite restaurant tonight and chow down :-)

Click Here to visit the TWC Nutrition Facebook Page and "Like" it. This is a great way to visit with old 24 Day Challenge participants and get new recipes and interesting nutrition articles.

When you get your products today immediately open the "Herbal Cleanse" box and look over the instructions. I also would encourage you to research the Advocare products online. Click on the product you would like to learn more about:

Herbal Cleanse
Catalyst
Spark
Meal Replacement Shake

Most of you already posted on the blog yesterday, but if you do not know how to post on this blog here are instructions:

-click on the bottom of the post where it says "0 comments" or "comments"
-type in the box
-click on the drop down tab that reads "comment as"
-select "Name/URL"
-type in your first and last name
-click continue
-click "post comment"

Here is what I want you to post everyday:

*Your daily assignment is to post what you eat everyday
*Post at the end of each what you ate or post at the beginning of the day what you "plan" to eat (do not do both, if you post at the beginning of the day what you plan to eat I am assumming you will eat that)
*Post on the actual day that you ate, do not post Friday's food journal on Saturdays post
*Post on the weekends, it takes 5 minutes....do not be a slacker! It will hold you accountable!
*Here is an example of how to post:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 raw bell pepper, 1/2 banana
Snack - Advocare Meal Replacement Shake
Lunch - 8 oz grilled chicken, 2 cups baby carrots, 1/2 avocado
Snack - Meal Replacement Shake
Dinner - 8 oz baked salmon, salad with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 cups green beans


Remember to ask all questions on the blog. I will address posts and questions at different times through out the day so check back frequently. Here is a MUST see one minute video before beginning this 24 day journey...

8 comments:

  1. A few questions about food:
    Can I drink almond milk and/or coconut milk?
    Is natural/organic peanut butter okay to eat?
    Can I eat pork or do I need to stick to turkey/chicken/lean ground beef?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halley - great questions. Here are your answers:

    Almond/Coconut milk - yes, as long as it is unsweetened. Almond milk is made from ground almonds and water. One tbsp. of coconut milk contains about 120 calories, so consume it in small amounts. About a tablespoon of coconut milk per day is all you need to enjoy the health benefits from the Omega 3 fats.

    Natural Peanut Butter - yes

    Pork - yes, but try to trim the fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am ready to do this. However I do feel very challenged but motivated. I want to lose 60lbs because my goal weight is 120 and I am about 40 pounds over weight for my heigth, Also heart disease,rare cancers, and diabetes run in my family and I want the generational curse of not eating healthy to stop so, I guess it could start with me changing. Thank you and please keep me motivated. Blessings Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it possible to eat out at all and still manage to stick to the plan? My family eats out every Friday night. Any ideas? Souper salad maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria - YES! You could go to Outback and eat 4 oz of a sirloin or filet or chicken breast no butter or salmon no butter with steamed veggies no butter. You could also go to Chili's and get grilled chicken with steamed veggies with no butter. Or Cheddars and order salmon no butter with veggies no butter or grilled chicken no butter with veggies no butter. You could go just about anywhere, notice the consistency of what I am telling.....NO BUTTER! :-) great question Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On 3/25/2011, 1. Breakfast-meal replacement shake 2. Lunch-strawberries, and two bananas. 3. Snack-cashew nuts strawberries cantalop. Dinner, steam broccoli, baby carrpts, grilled chicken breast marinated in olive oil, onion poweder, paprika, and thyme. It was good. I also had a spark at 1:30 pm & with my dinner at 5:30pm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3/31/2011
    Breakfast: water, shake, banana
    Lunch: Banana, baby carrots, unsweetened tea
    snack: banana
    Dinner: Lean Beef, broccoli, rice, water, tea

    I am starting to not feel really hungry, and I thought I would be hungry all the time so I am struggling not to miss meals, do you have any advice for me?

    ReplyDelete